The Nominating Committee for Parkland Minor Hockey Association is currently accepting nominations for the following positions.
President: shall act as the representative for PMHA on Hockey Manitoba’s Minor Council and shall speak and vote on behalf of Parkland at all meetings. The President shall preside at all meetings of PMHA and shall be a member of each and every committee that is formed by PMHA. The President shall rule on all suspensions incurred in accordance with the Hockey Manitoba Suspension Guidelines.
Director of Female Programs: shall act as the representative for PMHA on Hockey Manitoba’s Female Council and shall speak and vote on behalf of PMHA at all meetings. S/He shall be responsible for the training, development and promotion of female hockey in the Region. S/he shall also perform other duties as may be asked of him/her by the President.
Secretary: shall record proceedings of all meetings of PMHA and keep such minutes on record for the organization. The Secretary, at the direction of the President, shall send out notices of meetings, meeting minutes and other records to all members. S/he shall be responsible for maintaining the regional website in addition to performing other duties as may be asked of him/her by the President.
Individuals interested in being considered as a candidate for an officer position should be a resident of the Parkland region, age of majority, and must have an interest in advancing the objectives of the Association. These objectives are:
- a)To administer, regulate and govern the development of a positive and competitive minor hockey development program within the PMHA region while in accordance with our own Constitution, By-Laws, Policies and Procedures and the Constitution, Rules and Regulations of Hockey Manitoba and Hockey Canada.
- b)To support coaches, officials, and volunteers by providing ongoing access to information and available resources.
- c)To put the healthy personal development of each player at the forefront.
All positions will be two year terms with 50% of the officer positions being elected in odd years and the remaining 50% of the officer positions being elected in even years.
- i)Odd Years: President, Director of Female Programs, Secretary
- ii)Even Years: Director of Development, Treasurer, Regional Referee-in-Chief
*PMHA Constitution and By-Laws
Individuals interested in being nominated, that meet all eligibility criteria, are asked to complete the attached NOMINATION FORM. This form is to be submitted to the attention of the Nominating Committee for Parkland Minor Hockey Association no later than:
12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, March 1st, 2019
EMAIL or MAIL completed NOMINATION FORM to:
Tannis Poluck, Secretary
Parkland Minor Hockey Association
Parkland Minor Hockey Association (PMHA)
ATTENTION: Nominating Committee
P.O. Box 354
Dauphin, MB R7N 2V2